The Team Coaching Zone’s mission is to provide thought leadership and be a catalyst for the growth of the team coaching industry. We support team coaches to take their team coaching practices to the next level through podcasts, blogs, webinars, resources, discussions and more! We also provide leadership and team coaching services to organizations. This site is for new and experienced team coaches, for professionals in the areas of Human Resources and Learning & Development, and for leaders and managers in organizations.
New In The Zone This Week!
Team Coaching – “…is an interactive process through which a team coach both supports as well as challenges a team to accelerate its development and performance over a given period of time (e.g. 4 to 12 months). Team coaching can be leveraged to increase results, to enhance employee engagement, to drive organizational change, to foster the development of leadership cultures, and more.” – Krister Lowe, PhD, Host of the Team Coaching Zone Podcast
THIS WEEK’S FEATURED TCZ PODCAST!
How can companies address the intersection of technology, complexity and humanity in order to be “ready” for the 21st century? How can we change mindsets and an organization’s “operating system” in order to foster continuous and participatory change? Tune in to this week’s featured episode of the Team Coaching Zone podcast where special guest Aaron Dignan shares his views on these and other important questions challenging today’s organizations. Aaron Dignan is the Founder of The Ready—an organization design and transformation partner that helps organizations change the way they work.
In this episode of the podcast, Aaron shares his journey to founding The Ready and his mission to changing how the world works by examining and transforming how we show up, organize, team and get things done in organizations. Some themes explored in the episode include:
- 3 forces influencing companies and the future of our species: technology, complexity, humanity
- “Operating Systems” as a metaphor for seeing organizations as complex adaptive systems
- Examining current tensions within an organization and how they can be transformed to drive continuous participatory change
- The Operating System Canvas – 9 areas for organizational diagnosis and visioning
- Services provided by The Ready
- Two case examples of organizational intervention facilitated by The Ready: one involving decision making and transforming a company’s “meetings culture” and a second case involving an agile transformation
- The role of emergence in organizational consultation and change
- Dynamic teaming and more
As the world becomes increasingly complex and uncertain, traditional ways of organizing are holding us back. The Ready provides organizational design and transformation consultants and coaches with a vision as well as practical insights for how institutions can be reinvented to thrive as adaptive networks fit for the 21st century. This is an episode that all team coaches cannot afford to miss. Tune in today and get Ready to upgrade your game!
On this week’s episode of the Team Coaching Zone Podcast, guest Aaron Dignan–Founder of The Ready–shares his insights into how organizations can become “ready” and fit for purpose in the 21st Century. The Ready is an organization design and transformation partner that helps companies change the way they work:
About The Ready’s Approach
Organizations are struggling to keep up with the pace of change. Decisions drag on for weeks or months. People are frustrated. We’re overwhelmed by the complexity of our age. And the constant flow of meetings and email distracts us from the actual work. Our most important institutions are running on an operating system that was designed over 100 years ago for a world that no longer exists.
It’s time for a change. But this is unlike anything you’ve ever contemplated before. This is not a mere reorganization. It doesn’t end with an org chart. This is about your organization’s way of working – its operating system. The organizational OS. And it is deeply encoded.
What will you do? Your first instinct might be to lead. To pronounce the change. To hire someone to design the future and play it back to you in the boardroom. But lasting change can’t come from above. It has to come from within.
Your job in this moment of transition and transformation is to create and protect the space for continuous participatory change – the hallmark of all resilient cultures.
We help you and your team create the context, the space, the inspiration, and the path to a new way of working and organizing that unlocks a whole new level of performance. We do this by piloting a new OS and inviting the organization to the change in successive waves.
The Ready plays four roles in this work:
- Ethnographers – We study your teams and culture to reveal patterns, tensions, and untapped potential
- Guardians – We help you identify, define, and protect the space in which this experiment unfolds
- Explorers – We search far and wide to bring you new principles and practices from pioneer organizations at the edge
- Coaches – We coach leaders and teams in the midst of their actual work – connecting theory with real world practice
Learn more about The Ready: http://theready.com/