SAIL – LEARN – EXPLORE
Join Us Aboard The Wylde Swan Tall Ship!
“For A Once-in-a-Lifetime LeaderSHIP Team Coaching Learning Adventure”
Nova Scotia, Canada
13 to 19 August 2017
Price: 3,500 EURO
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- Over 7days off the coast of Nova Scotia, Canada, you will join a team consisting of an expert captain, a professional crew, your program guides, and fellow coaches aboard the Wylde Swan—a Tall Ship originating from Makkum in the Netherlands. Over the 7 days you will learn to sail the Tall Ship as part of a team. No previous sailing experience required! Suitable for all ages and levels of physical ability. The Captain and Crew will teach you all you need to know about sailing the ship.
- With your program guides—Eric Kohner, Pim Harder and Krister Lowe–and your fellow coaches, you will co-create a dynamic and unique learning experience. During the program you will focus on a two-fold learning journey: 1) Leadership Development – you will discover your inner “Captain” and expand your leadership range and agility. 2) Team Coaching – you will experience first hand the stages of becoming a team and increase your knowledge and skills as a team coach. At the center of the program is The Knowledge Center Framework–a leadership and coaching model that emphasizes leading and coaching from 5 Essential Knowledge Centers–the Head (Rational), the Heart (Emotional), the Gut (Intuitive), the Groin (Passionate) and the Hands (Tactile) + Nature. The program is designed to help participants incorporate and embody the 5 Knowledge Centers + Nature as leaders and team coaches.
- During the program you will have the opportunity to explore both externally (e.g. the coastal towns, harbors, offshore ocean, new acquaintances, the ship, wildlife off of beautiful Nova Scotia) as well as internally (e.g. yourself, being present, your leadership calling, your relationship with nature and more). Embarkation of the ship will take place on Sunday August 13th at 12:00 p.m. from the beautiful coastal village of Lunenberg Nova Scotia (1hr 15 minutes drive from Halifax International Airport) and disembarkation will take place on Saturday August 19th at 12:00 p.m. in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada.
Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, Canada: Sunday August 13, 2:00 p.m.
- Step aboard the Wylde Swan at 2:00 p.m., settle into the ship and depart the harbor at 4:00 p.m.
- Meet your Program Guides, Captain and Crew and other Coaches and form as a learning community.
Sailing Along the Coast and Off Shore of Nova Scotia: Monday August 14 to Friday August 18
- During five full days at sea, the LeaderSHIP Team Coaching program will be delivered. Learning sessions will take place primarily in the mornings.
- In the afternoons you will have the opportunity to learn and participate in sailing the ship. You will learn about ropes, hoisting and lowering sails, changing the course of the ship, navigating, steering the boat, participating in watches and more.
- In the evenings you will be free to relax, connect with your new teammates, participate in sailing the ship and other recreational activities.
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada: Saturday August 19, 12:00 p.m.
- The ship will anchor in Saint John on the morning of Saturday August 19th. During the morning, you, your Program Guides and your fellow coaches will reflect on the LeaderSHIP Team Coaching learning journey, enjoy a final meal together and say goodbye.
PROGRAM FLYER PDF DOWNLOAD
Who Is This Program Designed For?
- Coaches who have completed at least a basic coach training (individual, team and/or systemic) and who have some fundamental coaching skills/experience
- Leaders who have experience coaching individuals and/or teams in real companies
- You DO NOT need to have sailing experience. The captain and crew will teach you all you need to know
- Participants who are open to co-creating a dynamic learning experience, who are adventurous and willing to be challenged!
*Note: You can expect a reply within 24 hours of applying. If you are approved you will be sent a link to a registration page where you will also find additional information on the program
Eric Kohner is most well known as a master in developing leaders using techniques that are both deeply transformative and, at the same time, incredibly fun. Eric is an internationally recognized executive coach and keynote speaker. He founded eKCosystem, a global corporate training company dedicated to bringing HUMAN BEING into Business. A senior trainer with the world renowned Coaches Training Institute (CTI), Eric is a pioneer of the coaching profession. Eric is a Certified Coach (CPCC) with CTI, and has been a Master Certified Coach (MCC) with the International Coaching Federation. He is based in Los Angeles in the United States.Eric Kohner, CPCC, MASTER COACH
Pim Harder is the Founder of Pim Harder Training and Coaching. Pim combines over 15 years experience and expertise in youth and adult learning and team and organizational development. He creates and facilitates change and development programs for educators, senior managers and leadership teams. He has been a pioneer in introducing coaching in the Dutch education and law enforcement sectors. Pim is a Certified Professional Coactive Coach (CPCC) and is also certified in the Organization and Relationship Systems Coaching Certification (ORSCC) program. He is based in the Netherlands.
Dr. Krister Lowe is an Organizational Psychologist, a Team Coach and the Founder of The Team Coaching Zone, LLC. Krister is passionate about transforming the world of work through team coaching. He has an active executive and team coaching practice, is the Host of The Team Coaching Zone podcast–a weekly interview show that explores the art and science of team coaching–and is committed to fostering the growth of team coaches around the world through designing and delivering world-class team coaching master classes. He is based near Philadelphia in the United States.
ABOUT THE SHIP
Wylde Swan began her working life in 1920 as a ‘herring hunter’, to bring the fresh catch from the North Atlantic to market as quickly as possible. Between 2007 and 2010, the sleek ship with the beautiful lines was converted into the spectacular schooner that the Wylde Swan is today. The Wylde Swan’s predecessor, the Swan fan Makkum, was specially built as a new ship in 1993 to be the largest brigantine in the world. That was the first year we participated in the Tall Ships Races with Swan fan Makkum.
The two 40-meter masts and her oversized sails dominate the Wylde Swan silouhette. On deck you will find large spaces for gatherings, as well as several nooks and crannies that offer a reprieve from the hustle and bustle of the busy ship. The aft deck is spacious and offers beautiful looks, while the middle deck can be covered over to protect from harsh sun or rain. Some quick facts:
- Length: 62 meters
- Draft: 3.5 meters
- Mast Height: 43 meters
- # of Sails: 9
- Hull Speed: 15 Knots
- Flag State: The Netherlands
- Home Port: Makkum
- Built: 1920 / 2010 (Total Conversion)
- Crew: 12-14 pers.
- Trainees: 36 pers.
- Engine: 460 HP Caterpillar C12 Diesel
The slightly oval shape of the main hold is insPired by two hands, clasped together as a symbol of togetherness. The main hold is the heart of social life on board, and is easily reconfigured for study, meals, and rest, as well as the occasional raucous party. We wanted to give the ship a fresh and modern feel. By using a muted color palette we accented the spaciousness of the deck house and the main hold. Both feel like a blank canvas, ready to be made home by the people who came on board.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is WiFi available on the ship?
WiFi is not available on the ship. You will be permitted to send and receive 1 email per week through the ship’s Sail Mail system.
Do I need to have sailing experience?
No, you will be taught everything you need to know on the boat and will be working with a team on various tasks required to sail the ship.
Do I need to purchase sailing boots and clothing?
You are not required to purchase sailing boots and clothing for this trip. However such clothing may be helpful depending on weather conditions. More guidance on clothing will be provided to you upon successful registration for this program.
What is included in the course prices of 3,500 (Euros)?
Pricing includes 7 days on the ship, the learning program, and sailing. Bunk bed and board on the boat, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, coffee, tea and water are included. Excluded from the price are transportation costs to and from the ship and drinks other than those mentioned above.
What about sea sickness?
You may or may not experience sea sickness on the ship. This depends on a number of factors including but not limited to: sailing conditions, your health and fitness, your diet, your activity on the ship, etc… Over the counter medications for motion sickness are available at most pharmacies and may be helpful if you experience nausea.
Is alcohol allowed and available for purchase on the ship?
Alcohol is not allowed or available for purchase at sea. However when the ship is in port alcohol is allowed and also available for purchase on the boat.
What about safety?
The ship exceeds safety standards and possess all the licensing and certifications required for a vessel its size. As the Wylde Swan has been redesigned as a training vessel, the Captain and Crew are highly committed to safety and to instructing passengers in safety practices. The ship also contains extensive safety equipment (i.e. life rafts, zodiacs, life vests and suits, rings, etc…). Furthermore the ship is equipped with satellite phone communication and other GPS tracking technologies in the unlikely event of emergencies.
Do I need to purchase insurance?
Both the Wylde Swan as well as The Team Coaching Zone, LLC. are insured for unexpected events at sea. You are free to purchase your own travel insurance and is considered an individual matter of personal discretion.
DON’T MISS OUT ON THIS ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY!