Rapid Team FormationA Holistic & Ecosystemic Approach for Teams
What is Rapid Team Formation (RTF)?
Research suggests that 60% of a team’s effectiveness is based on how well the team is designed, 30% on how well the team is launched and 10% on the ongoing coaching that the team receives*. Rapid Team Formation is a program that helps teams quickly create the conditions of psychological safety, trust and learning that allows for great team performances to emerge. RTF takes a modular approach based on our Assess, Build and Coach framework and utilizes a number of dynamic modes including assessment, embodiment coaching, gamification, agile methods and more to accelerate the team’s effectiveness. RTF can be right-sized for your team’s needs as well as scaled up to engage multiple teams working across a “team of teams” configuration. *Source: Hackman, J.R. (2011). Collaborative Intelligence: Using Teams to Solve Hard Problems. Berrett-Koehler.
RTF MODULAR APPROACH
RTF has been designed to meet a range of client requirements. Assess: Are you interested in just getting started and need to assess the current state of your team? Build: Are you ready to launch a new team or relaunch a previously established team? Coach: Or do you have an urgent business outcome and are ready to engage your team in a full 3 to 6+ month team coaching process? Consider which RTF module or modules may be right for you.
AssessAssess and design your team
- Team Diagnostic Survey (online)
- Debrief with team leader/sponsor
- Optional: debrief with team
- Optional: interviews & observation
- Optional: 1-to-1 coaching with team leader
- Optional: Team design consultation
BuildBuild and launch your team effectively
- Includes Assess Module
- 1/2, 1 or 2 Day Kickoff
- Embodiment coaching
- Team charter
- Optional: Individual assessment/coaching
CoachSustain your team's momentum
- Includes Assess & Build Modules
- 3 to 6 months of team coaching
- Weekly or biweekly sessions
- Optional: team leader coaching
- Overlay an agile teaming method
- Measure results
GET STARTED & INQUIRE TODAY!
- Both new as well as previously established teams looking to take their teaming to the next level
- Teams that need to be challenged, shaken up and helped to get unstuck
- Teams needing to build trust rapidly; to design the team’s purpose, structure and operating approach; and to develop some essential coaching skills
- Participants who are open to co-creating a dynamic learning experience, who are adventurous and willing to be challenged!
Rapid Team Formation is currently offered in 2 formats: 1) a classroom-based format and 2) an off-shore format aboard a tall ship
Key Program Outcomes
#1). A shared compelling purpose that motivates team members to bring their best.
#2) A clear sense of direction of where the team needs to be in the next 3-6 months.
#3) A laser focus on an exceptional outcome that the team will accomplish in the short term.
#4) A unique winning formula for how the team will work together to achieve its exceptional outcome.
#5) The essential individual and team coaching skills required for keeping the team on track and proactively adapting to its environment.
3 Program Components
The RTF program can be delivered 1/2 to 2-day+ formats and can also include ongoing team coaching over 3 to 6 months. Following are the 3 modular program components:
#1. Assess: the team is assessed on its current state through a flexible mix of discovery interviews as well as through an online team assessment. Alignment with the team leader and/or sponsor occurs to provide a clear performance context for the team.
#2. Build: the team participates in a 1/2 to 2+ day RTF workshop to form as a team. During this workshop the team creates the conditions for high performance and forms as a unit that is more than the sum of its parts. The team emerges from the experience with shared purpose, clear direction, laser focus, a winning formula and essential coaching skills.
#3. Coach: the team develops an agile teaming strategy and coaching plan to accelerate its ongoing learning, performance and proactive engagement of the operating environment. The coaching plan may include ongoing coaching by an external/internal team coach, team leader or through self-coaching.