New York City, June 6-8, 2018
Venue: Breather – Soho, 594 Broadway, 11th Floor, Suite 1106, New York City
Day 1: Fundamentals
- Introduction to the concept: a historical and theoretical perspective
- The purpose of team coaching
- How teams evolve
- Models of team learning
- What helps and hinders team efficacy? The leader follower relationship.
- What do we mean by high performing team?
- Differences between individual coaching and team coaching. Identifying team strengths and weaknesses.
- Key steps in the team coaching process – contracting, scoping, developing the team’s capacity to coach itself
Day 2: Techniques and Approaches
- Team coaching session dialogue: contracting, goal setting, defining the issue, context, redefinition, seeking individual and collective mindshift, alternative ways forward, decisions, recontracting
- Competencies of a team coach
- Behaviours of teams and team members. How to recognize and analyze team dysfunction
- Principles of group dynamics
- Team identity
- Establishing and working with team purpose.
- Surfacing and managing conflicting agendas. Techniques for managing team conflict
- Communication and networking
- Techniques to clarify and build alignment with team goals.
- Managing team motivation, temporal issues, creativity
Day 3: Developing a Team Coaching Practice
- Raising the quality of team decision-making
- Improving team processes
- Aligning individual and collective development within a Team Development Plan
- Ethical issues in team coaching
- Developing your team coaching brand and offering.
- Managing disengagement of the coaching relationship.