TEAMING – SAILING – EXPLORING
Join Us Aboard The Wylde Swan Tall Ship!
“For A Once-in-a-Lifetime Rapid Team Formation Experience”
Next Program Available:
21 to 23 August 2017, Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- In this dynamic program, your new or previously established team will have the opportunity to accelerate it’s development across the Forming, Storming, Norming and Performing stages of team evolution. By the end of the program, the team will have developed the trust and psychological safety necessary to become a high performing term and generate exceptional results. Teams will also gain greater clarity on and commitment to its purpose, goals and unique working approach. Teams will also be introduced to a powerful coaching framework that fosters greater agility and breakthrough performance. The coaching framework leverages 6 Knowledge Centers designed to unleash the full potential of all individual team members as well as the team as a whole–the Head (Rational), the Heart (Emotional), the Gut (Intuitive), the Groin (Passionate) and the Hands (Tactile) + Nature (Context).
- Over the 3 days off the coast of Nova Scotia, Canada, you and your team will become part of a larger team consisting of an expert captain, a professional crew, and our program guides aboard the Wylde Swan—a Tall Ship originating from Makkum in the Netherlands. During the program your team will assist in sailing the Tall Ship. No previous sailing experience required! The program is designed to be suitable for all ages and levels of physical ability. The Captain and Crew will teach you all you need to know about sailing the ship.
- During the program you will also have the opportunity to explore both externally (e.g. the coastal towns, harbors, offshore ocean, new acquaintances, the ship, wildlife off of beautiful Saint John, Canada) as well as internally (e.g. yourself, being present, your leadership calling, your relationship with nature and more). Embarkation of the ship will take place on Sunday August 20th at 4:00 p.m. from Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada and disembarkation will take place on Thursday morning August 24th at 10:00 a.m. also in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada.
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada: Sunday August 20, 4:00 p.m.
- Step aboard the Wylde Swan at 4:00 p.m., settle into the ship, enjoy dinner and depart the harbor
- Meet your Program Guides as well as the Captain and Crew and form as a learning community.
Sailing Along Off Shore off the Coast of Canada: Monday August 21 to Wednesday August 23
- During three full days at sea, the Rapid Team Formation program will be delivered. Learning sessions will take place primarily in the mornings.
- In the afternoons you will have the opportunity to learn and participate in sailing the ship. You will learn about ropes, hoisting and lowering sails, changing the course of the ship, navigating, steering the boat, participating in watches and more.
- In the evenings you will be free to relax, connect with your new teammates, continue to participate in sailing the ship and other recreational activities.
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada: Thursday August 24, 10:00 a.m.
- The ship will anchor in Saint John on the morning of Thursday August 24th. During the morning, you, your Teammates, and your Program Guides will enjoy a final meal together, reflect on the teaming experience, and say goodbye.
PROGRAM FLYER PDF DOWNLOAD
Who Is This Program Designed For?
- Both new as well as previously established teams looking to take their teaming to the next level
- Teams needing to build trust; to design the team’s purpose, structure and operating approach; and to develop some essential coaching skills
- Participants DO NOT need to have sailing experience. The captain and crew will teach you all you need to know
- Participants who are open to co-creating a dynamic learning experience, who are adventurous and willing to be challenged!
*Note: You can expect a reply within 24 hours of inquiring. A representative of The Team Coaching Zone and The Nautilus Experience will contact you to discuss the suitability of your team for this program as well as pricing and logistical information.
Eric Kohner is most well known as a master in developing leaders using techniques that are both deeply transformative and, at the same time, incredibly fun. Eric is an internationally recognized executive coach and keynote speaker. He founded eKCosystem, a global corporate training company dedicated to bringing HUMAN BEING into Business. A senior trainer with the world renowned Coaches Training Institute (CTI), Eric is a pioneer of the coaching profession. Eric is a Certified Coach (CPCC) with CTI, and has been a Master Certified Coach (MCC) with the International Coaching Federation. He is based in Los Angeles in the United States.Eric Kohner, CPCC, MASTER COACH
Pim Harder is the Founder of Pim Harder Training and Coaching. Pim combines over 15 years experience and expertise in youth and adult learning and team and organizational development. He creates and facilitates change and development programs for educators, senior managers and leadership teams. He has been a pioneer in introducing coaching in the Dutch education and law enforcement sectors. Pim is a Certified Professional Coactive Coach (CPCC) and is also certified in the Organization and Relationship Systems Coaching Certification (ORSCC) program. He is based in the Netherlands.
Dr. Krister Lowe is an Organizational Psychologist, a Team Coach and the Founder of The Team Coaching Zone, LLC. Krister is passionate about transforming the world of work through team coaching. He has an active executive and team coaching practice, is the Host of The Team Coaching Zone podcast–a weekly interview show that explores the art and science of team coaching–and is committed to fostering the growth of team coaches around the world through designing and delivering world-class team coaching master classes. He is based near Philadelphia in the United States.
ABOUT THE SHIP
Wylde Swan began her working life in 1920 as a ‘herring hunter’, to bring the fresh catch from the North Atlantic to market as quickly as possible. Between 2007 and 2010, the sleek ship with the beautiful lines was converted into the spectacular schooner that the Wylde Swan is today. The Wylde Swan’s predecessor, the Swan fan Makkum, was specially built as a new ship in 1993 to be the largest brigantine in the world. That was the first year we participated in the Tall Ships Races with Swan fan Makkum.
The two 40-meter masts and her oversized sails dominate the Wylde Swan silouhette. On deck you will find large spaces for gatherings, as well as several nooks and crannies that offer a reprieve from the hustle and bustle of the busy ship. The aft deck is spacious and offers beautiful looks, while the middle deck can be covered over to protect from harsh sun or rain. Some quick facts:
- Length: 62 meters
- Draft: 3.5 meters
- Mast Height: 43 meters
- # of Sails: 9
- Hull Speed: 15 Knots
- Flag State: The Netherlands
- Home Port: Makkum
- Built: 1920 / 2010 (Total Conversion)
- Crew: 12-14 pers.
- Trainees: 36 pers.
- Engine: 460 HP Caterpillar C12 Diesel
The slightly oval shape of the main hold is insPired by two hands, clasped together as a symbol of togetherness. The main hold is the heart of social life on board, and is easily reconfigured for study, meals, and rest, as well as the occasional raucous party. We wanted to give the ship a fresh and modern feel. By using a muted color palette we accented the spaciousness of the deck house and the main hold. Both feel like a blank canvas, ready to be made home by the people who came on board.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is WiFi available on the ship?
WiFi is not available on the ship. You will be permitted to send and receive 1 email per week through the ship’s Sail Mail system.
Do I need to have sailing experience?
No, you will be taught everything you need to know on the boat and will be working with a team on various tasks required to sail the ship.
Do I need to purchase sailing boots and clothing?
You are not required to purchase sailing boots and clothing for this trip. However such clothing may be helpful depending on weather conditions. More guidance on clothing will be provided to you upon successful registration for this program.
What about sea sickness?
You may or may not experience sea sickness on the ship. This depends on a number of factors including but not limited to: sailing conditions, your health and fitness, your diet, your activity on the ship, etc… Over the counter medications for motion sickness are available at most pharmacies and may be helpful if you experience nausea.
Is alcohol allowed and available for purchase on the ship?
Alcohol is not allowed or available for purchase at sea. However when the ship is in port alcohol is allowed and also available for purchase on the boat.
What about safety?
The ship exceeds safety standards and possess all the licensing and certifications required for a vessel its size. As the Wylde Swan has been redesigned as a training vessel, the Captain and Crew are highly committed to safety and to instructing passengers in safety practices. The ship also contains extensive safety equipment (i.e. life rafts, zodiacs, life vests and suits, rings, etc…). Furthermore the ship is equipped with satellite phone communication and other GPS tracking technologies in the unlikely event of emergencies.
Do I need to purchase insurance?
Both the Wylde Swan as well as The Team Coaching Zone, LLC. are insured for unexpected events at sea. You are free to purchase your own travel insurance (i.e. individual and/or group)
DON’T MISS OUT ON THIS ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY!