SHOW NOTES - BRAD ALBRIGHT & SARAH RACCUGLIAEPISODE #090 - VITALITY TEAMING: PURPOSEFUL GAMES AS TRAINING VEHICLES
Can games help accelerate forming, learning and performance in teams? Is there more to playing games than just fun and entertainment? How can team coaches, facilitators and trainers incorporate games into their team interventions?
Join show host Dr. Krister Lowe and today’s featured guests Bradley Albright (Managing Partner and Founder of Escape Entertainment and Vitality Teaming) and Sarah Raccuglia (Learning and Development Professional with Vitality Teaming) to explore these and other interesting topics on this week’s episode of the Team Coaching Zone Podcast!
Some themes explored in the Zone this week include:
- Brad’s journey from officer in the US Army, to investment banker with JP Morgan, to serial entrepreneur in technology, renewable energy and now to gaming.
- Sarah’s background in Organizational Psychology, somatic leadership and research on dolphins. Purposeful games as vehicles of training and coaching
- The surfacing of team dynamics and individual preferences through games
- Task vs. process in teams
- Emergent and distributed leadership through game simulation
- Helping, caring and collaboration behaviors in teams
- 3 Game Form Factors: escape rooms, mobile cases, large group games
- Time length of games and team size considerations
- The origins of escape games in Asia
- Designing collaborative games
- Integrating assessments into the gaming experience
- Using games with teams at scale
- The role of coaching, facilitation and training with team games
- Generational and other diversity effects on game experiences
- Flow states: the neuroscience of play, creativity, engagement, flow
Looking to add some fun and spice to your team coaching engagements? Dive into the world of Vitality Teaming with Brad Albright and Sarah Raccuglia and let them help you take your team coaching game to the next level! This is an episode that you will surely not want to miss!
SHOW NOTES (Check back soon for full details!)