ABOUTLearn more about the Team Coaching Zone
The Team Coaching Zone was launched on 1 January 2015. The mission of the site is to contribute to the development of the field of team coaching in companies and organizations. Through the creation of content such as podcasts, blogs, webinars, resources, and discussion boards, The Team Coaching Zone seeks to support new and experienced team coaches to take their coaching practices to the next level.
The Team Coaching Zone views “Team Coaching” as an under-explored and under-developed niche area within the larger field of business and executive coaching. Peters and Carr (2013) state that: “Team coaching is distinct from individual coaching because in team coaching, the team as a whole is the client and collective performance is the goal, versus the individual focus of one-on-one coaching.” (Source: Peters, J. & Carr, C, 2013, Team effectiveness and team coaching literature review, Coaching: An International Journal of Theory, Research and Practice, 6, 2, 116-136). Team coaching is distinct from team training or team building. While team coaching may incorporate training and team building as part of its process, what differentiates team coaching is that the team coach provides a supportive context to both support and challenge a group to grow and increase performance over time. Team coaching is more of a process that can lead to sustainable change and performance at the group level in much the same way that one-to-one coaching affects such change at the individual level.
Krister Lowe, M.A., Ph.D., CPCC
Host of the Team Coaching Zone Podcast
- Coaches Training Institute (CTI): Coach Training & Certification Program (CPCC)
- Academy of Executive Coaching (AoEC): Systemic Team Coaching Certificate Training Program
- Pyramid Resource Group: The Team Advantage Team Coach CertificateTraining Program
- Team Coaching International (TCI): Team Coaching Master Class Certificate Training Program
- Certified Team Diagnostic Survey Practitioner by Team Diagnostics, LLC.
- Certified Team Emotional Intelligence Survey Practitioners by GEI Partners and Ei World
- Columbia University’s Certificate in Conflict Resolution at the International Center for Cooperation & Conflict Resolution (ICCCR)
- Mediator Certification in New York State
- NBI Thinking Preferences Assessment Certification (www.NBICertification.com)
- LeaderNation 360 Degree Multi-Rater Feedback Instrument Certification (www.LeaderNation.com)
Contact The Team Coaching Zone
Mail: The Team Coaching Zone, c/o Krister Lowe, Ph.D., 41 Central Park West, Suite 1G, New York, NY 10023